The Royal Museum of Fine Arts Antwerp is a scientifique institution. The library, the archive and the documentation centre offer support to the research in the museum. In addition, they are accessible to a limited extent to outsiders, including students, researchers and private individuals.
Make an appointment
To arrange a visit to the library, the archive or the documentation centre, please make an appointment by phone. If you have questions about the collection you can always reach both services by phone, fax or e-mail. At your request, the documents you wish to consult will be put aside for you. You can ask for these documents by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (for documents from the archive)
|Library||Archive & documentation centre|
You will be registered as a reading room visitor at your first visit. The registration is free of charge. The reading room has a disability access.
|MO - FR||09am-12am
13pm - 16pm
|SA - SU||Closed|
The library is closed from December 24th until January 2nd and on public holidays.
- Reading room materials are consultable free of charge. Publications or other documents from the stack room should preferably be requested at least one day before your visit as they have to come from an external location. Consulted works may be kept on hold for up to ten weekdays.
- The reading room is fitted with laptop sockets. A reading room PC offers access to electronic databases and the internet.
- Photocopies, scans and printouts can be made using the following fares:
|Black and white||Colour|
- In consultation with the reading room attendant, you may take digital photographs using your own camera. In view of the conservation of reading room items, no photocopying of ancient, valuable or vulnerable materials is allowed. For these materials reading room staff shall decide on the basis of the condition of the item whether it may be photocopied.
- Materials from the library, archives and documentation centre cannot be borrowed. However, books and articles can be delivered to your own institution under the interlibrary lending system (ILL).
- The information services also provide free quick reference information about the library's own holdings and about artists or artworks in the museum collection. Requests for such information should preferably be made by mail.
Download the library regulation (PDF, 19 kB)