The architects


The master plan for the new KMSKA is a project by prof. ir. Kees Kaan and MArch Dikkie Scipio of Claus and Kaan Architects in Rotterdam.

Claus and Kaan Architects was established in 1988 by Felix Claus (1956) and Kees Kaan (1961). Today, the firm has offices in Amsterdam and Rotterdam, and it is now made up of  the founding partners and three partner architects: Jaap Gräber, Vincent Panhuysen and Dikkie Scipio. The firm operates in the fields of architecture, interior design, renovation and conversion, and urban design and construction. The realisations of Claus and Kaan Architects include the renovation of the old bank building De Bazel that has been modified to become the Amsterdam City Archives, the Netherlands Forensic Institute in The Hague, the Dutch embassy in Mozambique and the Sint-Niklaas crematory in Belgium.

For more information these and other projects, please visit the website of Claus and Kaan Architects.


Museum offices

Lange Kievitstraat 111-113 bus 100, B-2018 Antwerpen

T +32 (0)3 224 95 50